When soldering wires or connectors, it is important that the items be held absolutely motionless during the soldering and cool-down period. There are many ways to do this, but in this Ten Minute Tip Bobby discusses some of the more popular products.
Commercially Available Products
- Eclipse Helping Hands $10
- The Jigs Up $30
- RC Logger Third Hand $79
- Helping Hands with LED $16
- RC Pro Plus Soldering Station with video $29
- Loc-Line Helping Hands $44 and up:
- Progressive RC Soldering Stand $40
- Wooden clothes pins glued to a wood block, or attached to stiff wire which is attached to a base. Similar to the Eclipse Helping Hands above, but in wood.
- Drill holes in a wood block to hold bullet connectors while soldering.
This Ten Minute Tip (TMT) is from RC Today Show Episode 099. If you wish, you can download the MP3 file for just this TMT here.